Thursday, February 25, 2010

Admit when you aren't ready

Hey everyone,
This is another continuation of the MCAT suggestions. So yesterday I decided to postpone my exam date, I'll be taking it in Vegas though, so big money, big money, no whammies. SO... there are several factors going into this decision
  1. not enough time to cover all my course material
  2. unfamiliarity with old material
  3. sense of impending doom
  4. and I'd rather take the test at 1pm than 8am
This will probably be an issue for most to take it even though you don't feel ready or push it back and delay your app. If you signed up for an April or early May exam, postponement probably won't hurt you as much, so just be aware. And very important, you really don't want to take this test more then once and you want to score well, so rushing it may lead to a bad score and a retake. Just now when to admit you're not ready, I've been putting in 3hrs a day studying and it just doesn't feel like enough and for me it just seems more beneficial to wait and if nothing else just make me more confident in myself.
If you do decide to postpone, just know that seats go fast, you will probably be taking it out of state, so if travel is an issue then take that into consideration and just know yourself, if you feel depressed about a score, but you know you can put in the time then go for it, but if you feel unprepared (one of the reasons people bomb the MCAT) you might want to consider a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment